James Blair, LAc., Dipl. Ac. (NCCA)
Prior to his studies in acupuncture Jim was a Respiratory Therapist at the University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington. In 1980 he began his studies in acupuncture and attended the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from 1981 through 1983. In 1984 Jim was an Intern at the First Hospital, Chongqing, Sichuan, Peoples Republic of China. He returned to Seattle continuing as a Respiratory Therapist while taking his Board examinations and beginning his practice in acupuncture.
Jim is a leading acupuncturist in WA and currently is the Director of Clinical Services for Seattle Acupuncture Associates, maintaining busy acupuncture clinics in downtown Seattle, and on the eastside in Kirkland and Renton. He has lectured, written and published on acupuncture in the clinical setting.
Specialty in the use of acupuncture in the rehabilitation of neuromusculoskeletal disorders.
- President of the Acupuncture Association of Washington (AAW) 1985
- Core Faculty member at the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NIAOM) 1985 -1997
- Founding Board Member of the National Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance (NIAOM) 1985
- Faculty Chair position of the National Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance (NIAOM) 1991 - 1993
- Elected President of National Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance (NIAOM) 1998 - 2001
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty for the University of Washington while acting as a Clinical Supervisor in the Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia Clinic at Harborview Medical Center 1995 - 1998
Golfing, skiing and hockey